Sunday, May 5, 2013

Blog a day in May: Day 4

Day 4: Favorite quote (from a person, from a book, etc) and why you love it.

This is a bit difficult. I'm a real lover of powerful quotes. I've got a couple tattoos of quotes on myself.

"These violent delights have violent ends" on my left forearm -William Shakespeare
In case you haven't already noticed I'm a huge fan of shakespeare quotes. I got this tattoo in regards to some personal matters in my family. I was having a particularly hard time a while back and that quote really resonated in me with what I was going through.


I also have "Young hearts run free" on my upper back.
This was my first "major" tattoo. I was having a tough time in my early twenties. I was going thru a lot of big life changes. One day I was watching Romeo and Juliet (the Baz Luhrmann version), and it got to the Young hearts run free scene with Mercutio. Listen to it here. A feeling took over my body. I had been wanting a tattoo for a while, and just like that, I knew what I wanted. I felt really connected to the meaning behind it. I guess I feel like I'll always be young at heart or some junk like that.

Here's a dodgy photo of it whilst I was party rocking.

Justine was my rock while I got this tattoo. She held my hand the whole time & went with me to both appointments. She was so supportive and excited for me!

Funnily enough, I must admit that while I love both the above quotes, they are not "my favorite". 
If I had to choose one quote as my favorite, it would probably be... 

"Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirsty."
-Chris Notorious BIG Smalls

I know it's seems like a silly quote, to be the favorite. But I've seriously always loved this quote. It's from the song juicy. It's about coming up from a struggle. I've always related to this song. I can't help but sing along and dance every time I hear it. It gave me hope when I was a kid that one day I'd make it. My siblings and I came from a single mother household (four kids, three dads). Our Mom had custody for weekdays and every other weekend. We watched our Mom day after day struggle to pay the bills and get food on the table. If nothing else this quote serves as a motivating force to fight through the struggle, and stay positive.



No comments:

Post a Comment