Saturday, November 5, 2016

Holy guacamole!

Time is moving thick and fast.
The days are long, but the weeks are short.
 That saying is ringing oh so true while we get used to having a little one.
 I've missed my recaps for week(s) 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12! Ahhhh!
There's no chance I'll recall all of his milestones and when each happened, but I think he'll forgive me in years to come.

Let's begin with week 7.
After a rocky transition into 6 weeks, following immunisations and Daddy going on a work trip this Mumma was tired and a bit stressed. I cried a few times, and began to feel overwhelmed. Thankfully seven weeks was much more cruisy. Duncan was back to his beautiful self. He even slept for 5 and 6 hours in one stretch two nights in a row. We had fun doing tummy time. Mummy and Daddy got out for a nice lunch with the happy little man. Melbourne actually gave us some sun, and it was just what we all needed. Nothing on earth can prepare you for the reality of parenthood and how much it truly is a 24/7 job. To add to that I'm breastfeeding, which is also a full time job. Daddy does have to travel for work, and we are quite literally on an island here. We don't have the luxury of ringing a family member for a break. I'm not complaining by any means, we knew what we signed up for. I'd rather be here with the love of my life and our beautiful son than without both of them. With that said, it does make things slightly more stressful and a touch lonely sometimes. I don't believe I'm in the post partum depression realm by any means, but I am paying attention just in case. Thank goodness for the very happy and amazing moments with D. Those smiles and giggles can turn any frown upside down. He's such a sweetheart. All he wants is our love and affection. At times I'm too tired to be rational about just how simple it is to read his cues. But every day we learn more about each other and figure out a new trick to make the day go a bit smoother. He well and truly is the absolute light of my life. Him and his stinky Daddy make my world go round. 






Showing off how cute he is on a crochet afghan gifted to me by my Godmother, Chrissy (and some booties Mummy made). Her Mother, Mary crocheted it years and years ago. I was blessed to have a third set of Grandparents as a little one in Mary and Jerry. I'm also incredibly blessed to have Chrissy as my Godmother and a second Momma. The tears will be flowing when Duncan meets her, and of course my own Momma and Daddy.


Week 8.
In his eighth week of life we celebrated our first anniversary as a married couple. Funny story about Duncan's name. We began "trying" for a baby on our honeymoon. By the first week in December we found out we were pregnant. I took a test, and it was positive. I couldn't believe my eyes. I went to the garage and with tears of happiness I told Paul that I had an early Christmas present for him. I shared the news, and gave him a giant hug and kiss. We decided to celebrate the joyous occasion by going out for Mexican (a Forsyth fav). I toasted his beer with a Jarito, pineapple flavour. Then at our 14 week scan we learned the sex of our little chickie nuggie, a boy! We tossed around names, and it hit Paul, Slam Dunk! He was a Slam Dunk. We were so incredibly blessed to be gifted our sweet beeb after very little effort. I have a couple close friends that struggle with infertility, and I never wanted to assume pregnancy would just happen for us. When people asked if we planned on having kids, my answer was always, "we hope to". I take that same approach with having another baby. Of course I'm not ready to try just yet. But when the time comes I hope to be blessed with another healthy and gorgeous baby. Anyways, back to his name. He was a Slam Dunk in the conception department and so there you have it, Duncan Robert Forsyth is his name. Duncan beat out any other silly names running through mine and Daddies heads. As soon as I delivered him, and he was placed in my arms I stared in those beautiful eyes, kissed his face and called him Duncan.






During his eighth week of life Duncan met his Great Uncle Ron and Aunt Nancy Smith. Uncle Ron is my Dad's brother. Following retirement the two of them have become globe trotters and have traveled all over the world. This year their big trip was down under! They stayed with us for a few days, and treated Duncan to lots of cuddles and saved this Mumma a few times to have a shower and do house work. By the end of the visit Uncle Ron went from handing of a crying Duncan to calming him down with little effort. 

Week 9.
Week nine is a bit of a blur to be honest. It went by in a flash. But a few highlights include more time with Uncle Ron and Aunt Nancy. His first public feeding (out in the open). Mumma was not prepared as he usually is such a chilled out boy, and his feedings were like clock work at that time. For that week he fed quite often and did a lot of casual feeding; Ie: sleeping and sucking every few minutes. Thankfully, after the initial freak feeding I met with his maternal nurse and she schooled me on what to expect in the coming week. All of her tips were spot on! I also decided to download the wonder weeks app on my phone. It's very helpful in knowing what may/may not be coming in the near future with newborns. I didn't read enough pre Duncan about newborn stages, and I certainly don't have time to read now!











Milestones:
-Trading in his dummy for his thumb. Baby boy loves to suck on his thumb now. Occasionally he'll take his dummy, but he has to be in the right mood.
-Now sitting up in the pram. There was way too much world for him to see laying down.
-Meeting some of Mummies relatives!
-Napping in his bassinet vs in the lounge room.
-Passport application submitted!
-Beginning to enjoy tummy time.

Weeks 10, 11, 12 to come.
It's now time for this Mumma to get her hair done for the first time in over a year!




No comments:

Post a Comment