Saturday, November 2, 2013

Radelaide!

This past weekend Paul's work hosted their Chairman's awards in Adelaide. 
Adelaide is just a short one hour flight from us in Melbourne.

Paul and his workmates were nominated...AND WON two awards!
So in turn he was invited, and welcomed to bring a plus one.
I was his plus one ;)

Before the big event I joined one of Paul's workmates and three partner's of his workmates for a hair/makeup appointment. It was really nice to get to know the girls before the big dinner. It definitely made me feel far less nervous about going to meet a bunch of strangers. I'm hopeless in the small talk department. I'm painfully shy, so I usually just weird people out the first time we meet. The dinner itself was average for me, as I'm a vegetarian. So I had tofu for my entree and main, but the company was stellar! After a few adult beverages I hit the dance floor for the better part of three hours. I was actually sore the next day. I'm a maniac, maniac on the floor!

We had to make sure and take some sober photos before the event.
Good thing we did! These are our only photos together from the night.


The day after we hit the botanical garden. 
It was a beautiful day, but we felt like scum on the bottom of a shoe!



In the afternoon we took a little drive to Glenelg. 
We still weren't feeling up to snuff. But I'm glad we took the time to sight see.


Note the Aussie flag and the Australian Aboriginal flag.



So...this dude was there...making giant bubbles with a big net...
and weirding me out.


Paul and I are definitely no spring chickens! We were still hurting from Fridays shenanigans well into Sunday. But it was an absolutely fantastic time! Two thumbs up, good family fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment