Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Writers block.

It's been a while since I've blogged.
Why?
I dunno, I guess I have writers block!

I've been back in Melbs for about six weeks now. Man, where has the time gone?! Paul and I just returned from just under two weeks in Perth. He had a job, so I joined (as per usual). Our time was filled with visiting. It's been about four months since I'd seen our Perth people, so it was lovely to catch up. We got in some quality time with some good friends and family.

 I also taught myself (with the help of YouTube) to crochet. My sister and mother in law are the motivating force(s) behind this. Mum has been encouraging me to learn for months. But once my sister learned I decided I had to play catch up! I'm slowly, but surely improving day by day. So far I've whipped up three hats. I'll be hitting the post office soon to send a couple back home. Ultimately, I'd like to get some of my knitted/crocheted goods for sale. But at the moment I'd like to perfect my skill first. My flower crowns are still for sale! I've yet to get a website together. It feels a little like a chicken before the egg scenario. I'm not sure if it makes sense to spend money on a website before I make any money selling them. But if I don't get a website going I may never start making dough. 

Anyways.....
Here's a few photos from Paul and my latest mini-adventures in Perth!

Paul and I have walked past this Bon Scott statue more times than I can count. During our visit in Mn. we realized my Uncle Brandon's love for ACDC. We realized we were well overdue for a photo-op with the man, the myth, the legend.




Gratuitous crotch shot.

After our visit at the statue Paul had the gem of an idea to visit his plaque/memorial at the Fremantle cemetery.


This was on the ground just thru the gate.



Note: 
Empty Jack Daniels bottle, headphones, beer tops, and silk flowers mementos.

There was also a well dressed cherub in an Aussie flag bow tie.


Aussie cemeteries are quite beautiful.


A bit difficult to read, but this is his memorial bench donated by his family.
That plaque was insanely hot to touch in the Perth sun.

We took an awkward family photo on the bench.

Once we were back home Paul got a hair cut. The stylist accidentally cut it shorter than he wanted. I can't say I have any complaints. I was ready to see his beautiful face without all that hair covering it up. However, the Kris Jenner resemblance in uncanny.  

Welp, see ya later!



No comments:

Post a Comment