Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Living in a crochet paradise.

I've recently learned how to crochet. I touched on that previously..

With Christmas just around the corner I've been bitten by the yuletide cheer bug.

I decided to scope out pinterest for Christmas crochet patterns.
Because I'm such a beginner it took me literally six tries to figure out this pattern, but somehow I did!


 Probably thanks to the fact that Paul was out of town for work, so I had no distractions! Then I was left to decide what I was going to do with my one tree. After a bit of deliberation I had a light bulb! I switched to green yarn, and began making some bunting to hang in the house. Why buy it when I'm completely capable of making it myself?!  I knew I wanted to make something to go between the trees, so once again I scoured pinterest. I happened upon another pattern for a cute little heart.  In total I made eight trees, and twelve hearts. It took me an entire week to crochet all the trees and hearts. It nearly killed me! But I done did it and I'm oh so proud!
 
 

 
Turns out it was really difficult to get a quality photo of it hanging up.
So...enjoy the above low budget photo.
 
 
I also whipped up this cute little tree skirt for our table top tree.
We currently live in a small apartment, so we just have a baby tree until we upgrade.
A little tree is better than no tree for me! I'm not ashamed to admit we've had our tree up for a week or two already! I absolutely adore Christmas. We travel so much for Mr. F's work, and we'll be traveling for Christmas, so I soak up all the time we've got with our decorations at home. My parents always decorated a ton for Christmas. I'm sure that's where I developed such an affinity for all things gay and bright.

Happy Holidays!
The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!





No comments:

Post a Comment