Saturday, May 18, 2013

Blog a day in May: Day 18

Day 18: Tell a story from your childhood. Dig deep and try to be descriptive about what you remember and how you felt.

I don't have all that many memories from childhood, vivid ones anyway.
But one in particular does come to mind. When we were little our local park was Palace Park in St. Paul. Palace was just a couple blocks from home. We went there very often for free entertainment. My brother has always been full of one liners. One time while at the park he said something we'll never forget. I can remember my Mom sitting on or near the bench on the sidewalk as well as my brother standing near her. There were a ton of nats flying around that day. Josh was still pretty young, probably only about five or so. So he was still learning what words truly meant. He looked at my Mom and said "Mom! An astronaut flew up my nose!"

We all started laughing uncontrollably; to the point that we couldn't stop. Once my sister Molly starts really laughing she keeps laughing, she literally can't stop. All you have to do is laugh yourself. The girl can seriously laugh for five minutes straight. Her eyes well up with tears, and she can't speak. That's exactly what happened that day. Josh mistakenly called a nat an astronaut. The nat flew up his nose. But to him it was an astronaut. Which made it all the more funny. Picturing an actual mini astronaut flying up a nose. From the mouths of babes. To this day I still laugh when I think about it.

I mean look at the kid! Always making me laugh!

Crap photo of a photo. But look at that get up he's rockin'! Including the shades!








No comments:

Post a Comment