Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Blog a day in May: Day 14

Day 14: Ten things that make you really happy.


1. My sweet monkey bird, Paul. He tells me I'm beautiful when I look like a hobo. He takes care of me when I'm sick. He accepts all of my eccentricities. He makes me a better person.

2. Mi Familia. Miles away, but never apart. Making my sister laugh uncontrollably. Hearing my Dad say "hey good lookin'". Getting a bear hug from my Mom. My brother making me laugh. Watching my nephew grow. Putting on makeup so I'm presentable for my Aunt Jenny.
I miss them all entirely too much. But Skype and email helps.

3. Friends that have become family; both in America and Australia. We have such wonderful friends. I feel so lucky to know so many thoughtful, caring, wacky people.

4. Beach bumming. Whether it be by the ocean or by a Minnesota lake. I'm a fan of being still, lying like vegetables. I love hearing water moving, people chatting, and feeling sun warming my skin.

5. Christmas. Everything about this holiday. The movie Elf. The decorations. Giving gifts. Snow (at home). The cards. The mass amounts of yummy food. The cheer it creates in my whole being.

6. All things pretty/cute; including but not limited to all things pink.

7. Crafting. Taking something average and turning it into something beautiful.

8. Chocolate Ice cream. Ya Dig?

9. Baking. I'm furthest from the best baker.
However, I really enjoy making treats in all shapes and sizes.

10. The xx. If you've read this blog you know I'm a huge fan. If you haven't give it a read.
 Every time I hear any of their songs my mood instantly changes to happy.

11. AAAAANNNNNDDDD.......Minnesota passing the Freedom to Marry Bill.
I know that's 11, and I don't care! 





No comments:

Post a Comment